Lely, founded in 1948, directs all its efforts towards creating a sustainable, profitable and enjoyable future in farming. Circling the cow, the company develops premium robotics and data systems that increase animal welfare, flexibility and the production on the dairy farm. For more than 25 years, Lely has been leading in the sale and service of automated milking systems to successive generations of dairy farmers across the globe. Every day, Lely inspires her employees to offer customers innovative solutions and be a reliable partner for long-term advice and support. With her Head office in The Netherlands and a worldwide network of dedicated Lely Center locations for tailor-made sales and support, the Lely Group is active in more than 40 countries and employs around 1.200 people.
Would you like to work for one of the most innovative companies in the Netherlands? Does it excite you to work on the next generation software of our farm automation? And are you an experienced software engineer? Please continue reading!
As an Embedded Software Engineer within Lely you are responsible for the further development of new to market product. As part of the software development team you participate in every phase of the product development process to finalize a production worthy system. The challenge is to translate the requirements to a solid software design.
- Designing, implementing and testing of Simulink/Stateflow (embedded) software;
- Optimising of communication interfaces between various parts of the products;
- Maintaining embedded software including parts of legacy code;
- Ensuring quality control based on design and code reviews, writing of unit and integration tests;
- Guiding the Embedded Software Test department in setting up in work shop test plans;
- Contributing to the agile work process by reporting on your planning, project progress and managing risks and threats.
You have at least 3 years of experience with software engineering – bonus points if you have experience with embedded systems or model based development;
- You are willing to gain some knowledge of CAN bus protocols and DDS;
- You have experience with Simulink, C++ and Python 3.4 and above;
- Knowledge of Stateflow and Simulink Test is a plus;
- You have working knowledge of Linux and Git;
- Experience with CI/CD is a plus;
- Experience in working in multidisciplinary Agile Scrum teams;
- Affinity with mechatronics is a plus;
- EU-citizenship is required.
- Additional Information
A job for a true inventor, at a company driven by innovation. You will see your ideas come to life as they leave the factory to our customer, the dairy farmer. At the end you will contribute to a sustainable way of farming.
- flexibility in terms of working times and conditions;
- variety one day you will be at the workshop, another day on the farm and the next day you will work at the main office;
- the space and freedom to innovate, construct new ideas and tinker in our workshop;
- 40 holidays per year;
- the tastiest coffee you will ever drink, courtesy of our barista;
- time for fun: table football, volleyball and a basketball court.
Apply via the “apply” button!