Introduction to the job
Are you passionate about and experienced in mechatronics? Would you like to contribute to the development of the mechatronics (sub)systems within ASML’s Lithography machines? Then this is your chance!
Role and responsibilities
Contribute to the design of the mechatronics architecture or function of a module, with a strong focus on dynamic architecture or a passive or active vibration control module. Your job embodies specification, design, technical budget analysis, critical component selection, integration, test planning and test execution, with the emphasis on dynamics, functional performance, signal analysis, functional integration and troubleshooting.
- Work in multidisciplinary project teams, aimed at design of a mechatronics module or function
- Build up and maintain specialist knowledge in the fields of dynamics, servo control, signal analysis and testing and basic knowledge of the areas software, mechanics, optics, electronics, actuators, sensors and dynamics.
- Support of the mechatronics architecture design and trade-offs between mechanical, electronic, software competencies
- Modeling and optimizing of sequences, functional and dynamic behavior.
- Integration and test of the mechatronic modules: planning and execution.
- Interface towards other projects, sectors and mechatronics and optics suppliers.
- Documentation of specifications, design, and test results.
Education and experience
- Technical University Masters/PhD in Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Control, Dynamics, Electrical engineering or Applied Physics.
- At least 6 years of experience with mechatronics system development, preferably within ASML or in related high tech industry.
- A solid basis in mechanics with good feeling for mechatronics, electronics and software and measurement systems is required.
- Experience in multidisciplinary project work involving mechatronics, optics, electronics and software is a pre.
- Team player.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Good communication skills and excellent stakeholder management. You are able to convince other of your ideas.
Think broad, learn fast, take responsibility, act decisive and show critical sense.
- Skilled in Matlab and Matlab Simulink.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechatronics Systems Development (MSD) within Bottom (BM) Cluster is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems, functions and components which are fitted into the end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components. Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems and material handling are part of this department’s main competences.
The holder of the position reports to the group leader of a group within the MSD department and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
Please know that several of our mechatronic development groups are expanding so this is a pipeline vacancy for the whole department. After receiving your application we will look at your profile and see if we can match it with existing or upcoming positions. We will contact you as soon as there is a suitable opportunity, which might take longer than screening process for regular vacancies.
Some of our positions might require access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Learn more about this job About the job category
About the team
About the location
ASML is ’s werelds meest toonaangevende leverancier van lithografische systemen voor de halfgeleider industrie. Wij bouwen de instrumenten die nodig zijn voor een cruciale productiestap: die van het creëren van patronen van elektrische circuits op computerchips . Wij leveren alle benodigdheden aan de chipfabrikanten voor de massaproductie van dergelijke patronen op silicium ‘wafers’.