Saba is an island in the Caribbean and a special municipality (public entity) of The Netherlands. The island is known for its beautiful scenery and diving. Mount Scenery, at 887 meters high, is the highest point in the Dutch Kingdom. Saba, including Green Island, became a special municipality after the dissolution of the Netherlands Antilles on October 10, 2010. The island is five-square miles and has approximately 1900 inhabitants. There are four main villages: The Bottom (the capital), Windwardside, St. John’s, and Hell’s Gate.
This beautiful island is in search of a:
Project Manager Waste Management
The Public Entity Saba is looking for a project manager in the field of waste management for a period of 2 years. This project manager will be responsible for a structural upgrade of the waste management system on Saba, via strategic management, technical improvements and personnel training and guidance. To do well in this role, a candidate should have previous experience in waste management on a strategic and technical level, be flexible with a variation of tasks and be goal oriented. The project manager reports to the Island Secretary.
- Setting up (action) plans for improved waste management;
- Advising supervisors in waste management;
- Training and initially guiding personnel on operational procedures with regards to waste collection and processing, preventative maintenance and repairs and hygienic working conditions;
- Developing plans for further enhancement of waste management
- Developing action/work plans and safety procedures for waste collection and processing;
- Setting up a network for long term efficient disposal of recyclables and other waste off the island;
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary;
- Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them;
- Repairing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary;
- Conducting routine inspections of premises, equipment and operational procedures with regards to waste collection and processing;
- Conducting routine inspections on hygienic working conditions;
- Advise on and ordering new equipment and spare parts.
- Degree in engineering or equivalent experience;
- Proven engineering and maintenance experience;
- Proven experience in working in waste management
- Degree in hygienic and safe working, or willingness to achieve this on a short term;
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts;
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogues as necessary;
- Strong organizational and follow up skills;
- Professional presentation and attitude;
- Proven experience in managing workmen
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually;
- Experience in project management and developing project plans.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application letter and CV via the ‘Apply’ button or to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before October 31st, 2019. For more information about the vacancy, contact Sarah van der Horn at: email@example.com.