Introduction to the job
Understand semiconductor market trends and their impact on customer needs, continuously develop the basic architecture of new products, and conduct feasibility studies. Own (parts of) System Performance Specification and System Design Specification and verify that the products are serving the customers’ needs, can be manufactured and serviced. Provide technical solutions within the constraints of technology readiness, capacity boundaries, and commonality across products.
Role and responsibilities
Key divisions within EUV
The optical column is the heart of the EUV system, a technological miracle. ASML’s EUV machines push Moore’s law forward, enabling new technology waves that improve everyone’s life. Optical column comprises of many optical modules which are needed to guide the light to print the right image at the wafer which results into a chip.
The source laser is a light source operating in an unprecedented regime of power, timing accuracy and reliability, to create the highest possible EUV power from a tin plasma. In order to reach those performances, we build components which function at the limit of what physics allows, and keep pushing those boundaries while maintaining reliability.
In order to control operational costs the Industrialization department partakes in the PGP programs to secure manufacturable and serviceable designs. These are translated into production and service process by our Industrial Engineers and documented by our technical writers with a strong focus on Creator – User handshakes.
Optical Column and Source Laser consist of >300 energetic employees from various technical and cultural backgrounds. Within both divisions, we live the ASML core values Challenge, Care, Collaborate. We continuously develop ourselves and our colleagues such that we can use our full collective potential. Customer trust remains the priority. We take full ownership of our technical solutions and execute with an intrapreneurial mindset.
Technical complexity and a unique EUV culture paves the way for healthy professional and personal growth.
- Create technology roadmap derived from ASML business drivers’ roadmap
- Provide technical options based on feasibility studies and technology readiness
- Generates budgets and definitions for system level functions and make trade-offs regarding long/short term
- Breaks down complex multiple business driver problems into multiple work packages
- Create and maintain documentation on specifications and ensure filing of relevant information in the filing system
- Develop and maintain own network and exchange knowledge with other professionals & keep up with relevant developments, technological and market related, in own field of specialization
- Understand how the end customers use EUV system in your domain Identify technical risks and its impact and share to the stakeholders
Education and experience
Master’s degree or PhD in Applied Physics / Optics, Mathematics, Optoelectronics, or related.
Experience (5-10 years) in a technical environment related to design and integration of complex systems is needed
ASML is a technical company where having a strong technical role prepares you to move in any lateral or vertical steps. It is from growing into ASML technical fellows, or to department directors, or to program directors.
The holder of this position is reporting to an Optical Column or Source Laser Group Leader.
Unique way of using your personal traits at ASML:
- Lead multiple complex functions on product level & influence the work content and interfaces (directly/indirectly) up to 150 employee
- Lead, coach, develop and appraise employees within the person’s expertise / team
- Proactive with regard to strategic innovations
- Advise Program Managers, EUV System Engineers, and external spokes person for the organization.
- Decisive technical leader who creates high impact on strategic decisions
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Learn more about this job About the job category
- Optical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
About the team
- Research & development
About the location
- Veldhoven, the Netherlands
- The Netherlands
- ASML at a glance
- Working at ASML
ASML is ’s werelds meest toonaangevende leverancier van lithografische systemen voor de halfgeleider industrie. Wij bouwen de instrumenten die nodig zijn voor een cruciale productiestap: die van het creëren van patronen van elektrische circuits op computerchips . Wij leveren alle benodigdheden aan de chipfabrikanten voor de massaproductie van dergelijke patronen op silicium ‘wafers’.